PunkconformityLife, history, and the pursuit of knitting.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Faster-Finish Liners (TM)

+ Add a comment
In high school, I was convinced that if I didn't make it as a recording engineer, I could always become a graphic designer. Both of those dreams having the same realism and staying power as your average five-year-old's desire to be an astronaut, I haven't spent a whole lot of time messing around in Photoshop since I hit college (which, considering the job market for historians, was maybe a mistake on my part), except to make desktop and the occasional livejournal backgrounds. That said, my parents commissioned a logo from me the other day, so I sat down with my drawing tablet and a couple pictures of the thing they wanted (it's a liner-tray. which means a tray of baby-plants, for the uninitiated), and went to town. Five hours later, I had this
which ain't too shabby, considering. There are some things I think I should have done differently (namely, the leaves aren't vectored, and are only on two layers, which makes it hard to selectively prune. oops), but overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I had a blast doing it. Oh graphic design, how I missed thee.

What I'm listening to: "Glow Worm" by The Mills Brothers